Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
* to personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
* to improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
* to improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
* to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
This privacy statement explains how your personal data are processed when you use the Ratio EV Charging mobile application (the “App”). The App is intended to be used in connection with an electrical vehicle charger (the “Charger”) that is sold by or on behalf of a Ratio company.
How are your personal data collected and for what purposes?
Creating an account
To use the App, you will have to create an account in the App. You will be asked to enter your email address, your first name and last name and a pass word in order to protect the access to your account. Without this information, you cannot create an account.
We use your name to distinguish you from other customers and to communicate with you, for example to answer your questions through our support desk and to send you service updates.
Connecting the App to your Charger
Your user ID is also used when the connection is made with your Charger so that the Charger can be linked to you. The ID of your Charger will be registered, as well as the serial number and name of your Charger to be able to identify it.
Your user role will be registered to verify the different user roles in the App.
Registering your vehicle in the App
After you have created an account, you can register your vehicle in the App.
Your user ID will be registered so that you can link the charging actions to your account, this gives you insight into those charging actions.
You will be asked to fill out a field to distinguish your vehicle from other vehicles connected to the Charger. You can fill out any information you like, such as a nick name of your car or the license plate number, but you will have to fill out something in the field to be able to register your vehicle.
Settings and charging data
In the App, you can determine a week schedule to charge your vehicle.
When your vehicle is being charged, information will be registered and generated: next to your user ID and the ID of your Charger and the name you have given your vehicle, the amount of energy that was charged and the moment the charging actions were started and stopped are registered. This information provides insight into your charging actions. You can, if you wish, use this information for cost reimbursement purposes.
The configurations settings specifically for your Charger are registered together with the charger ID for a proper operation of the Charger and the App.
Information with respect to the Charger
In the App, the serial number of the Charger hardware and software are registered for technical purposes. The Bluetooth passcode of the Charger is registered for security purposes, to prevent others from using the Bluetooth connection.
We do not receive your personal data from any external sources.
On what legal grounds do we process your personal data?
We process most of your personal data to be able to perform the agreement with you. In other words: so that we can offer you the App and so that you can use its functionalities.
With whom do we share your personal data and where are they stored?
Your personal data are stored on our hosting service provider servers, which are located in the European Economic Area (EEA). Our IT-support service provider may occasionally have access to your personal data when providing their services for us. They are located in the EEA.
If the Ratio company that sold you the Charger is located outside the EEA, that company may have access to your personal data to answer your questions through their support desk. This access can be seen as a transfer to outside the EEA as the data are stored within the EEA. We will ensure that the country where the company is located or the company itself offers an adequate level of protection of your personal data. Currently, our Ratio company in the United Kingdom has such access. The United Kingdom has an adequate level of protection, as determined by the European Commission.
We may be required by law to disclose certain personal data, for example to the Tax Authorities. In that case we endeavor to only disclose personal data that are strictly required pursuant to the applicable laws.
How long are your personal data stored?
The personal data in your account, your user role and the data which relate to your charging actions are deleted as soon as you delete your account. If you do not delete your account, these data are stored for two years after you have stopped using the App. We will then send you a reminder to ask you whether you wish to keep your account or to delete it.
The technical data with respect to the Charger, such as the Charger serial number, the connection settings, the hardware and software serial number and the Bluetooth pass code are stored for 5 years after you have stopped using the App.
The retention term for personal data in communication with us is 5 years.
What rights do you have with regard to your personal data?
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as well as the UK data protection legislation, you have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
• the right to request access to your personal data;
• the right to receive information about the processing of your personal data;
• the right to have incorrect personal data rectified (please note that you can change your account information through the settings in your account);
• the right to have your personal data erased;
• the right to have the processing of your personal data restricted;
• the right to object to the processing of your personal data; when we use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you can object to this unconditionally;
• if you have given consent for the processing of your personal data, to revoke that consent (this applies to future use of your personal data);
• the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format, where it concerns personal data (i) you have submitted to us and (ii) we process based on your consent or required for the performance of our agreement with you and (iii) that are processed by automated means; in that case you may also ask us to transfer your personal data to another processor or controller, where technically feasible (the app contains an export functionality which allows you to export all results data);
• you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
You may send us a request with regard to your personal data using the contact details below. Please note that we may be entitled under applicable laws to (partly) refuse a certain request.
Who is the controller of your personal data and how can you contact them?
The Ratio company that sells the Charger is the controller of your personal data.
If there are any questions regarding this Privacy Statement, you may contact us using the information below:
Can this Privacy Statement be altered?
Yes, this Privacy Statement may be altered. If it concerns a substantial update, we will inform you of the new Privacy Statement through the App. The current version of the Privacy Statement can always be found at the following URL: https://www.ratio.nl/en/page/privacy-policy.
Last edited on 24 May 2022